Immediate Openings for Welder jobs in Tucson, AZ!
Remedy Staffing is recruiting for Welders to be considered for permanent placement. These jobs are with a client in the manufacturing/production industry and are located on the SE side of Tucson off of Kolb and Valencia.
Pay: DOE ($18.50+)
Hours: Mon-Fri, 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Read engineering blueprints, and take/read measurements to determine layout of pipes and devise welding plans
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Assemble and install a variety of metal pipes and pipe fittings for both carbon steel and stainless projects
- Secure pipes to structures with clamps, brackets and hangers using hand tools
- Apply knowledge of metallurgy and geometry to determine required equipment, tools and welding methods
- Clean, prepare and install pipes with various fittings and weld joints according to standardized protocols
- Thread pipes using threading machines and assemble and install a variety of metal pipes and fittings using the threading method
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Actively participating within a team of manufacturing personnel, contributing to the goal of meeting sub-assembly component, & production deadlines
- Manage multiple assignments/projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Assist in developing manufacturing procedures and productivity reports as defined by the Production Manager
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- MUST have Pipe Welding AND Pipe Fitting experience to be considered
- Preferably have ASME Certification, or prior ASME Certification
- 3+ years of MIG and/or TIG welding experience
- 1+ year of plasma cutting experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools and measurement equipment, including calipers, tape measures, and compound squares
- Proficiency in the use of power & pneumatic tools associated with the welding - jig saw, horizontal band saw, belt sander, drill, chop saw, grinder, drill press, angle grinder
- Must have good manual dexterity, sheet metal working skills are a bonus.
- Basic understanding of mechanical engineering concepts
- Computer literacy with functional knowledge of Windows, along with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task and think "Outside The Box"
- Detail oriented
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
Apply Today! Please include salary requirements
Immediate Openings for Test Technician jobs in Tucson, AZ!
Remedy Staffing is recruiting for Test Technicians to take on up to 11-month assignments, with the possibility of being considered for permanent placement. These jobs are with a client in the manufacturing/production industry and are located on the SE side of Tucson off of Kolb and Valencia.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Prepare test equipment and samples for testing
- Setup and operate mechanical lab equipment and record the technical test data in spreadsheets
- Use a variety of mechanical test tools, scales and measurement instruments
At least one (1) year previous technical and/or mechanical experience (engineering, plant maintenance) preferred.
Immediate Openings for Mechanical Designer/CAD Drafter jobs in Tucson, AZ!
Remedy Staffing is recruiting for Mechanical Designer/CAD Drafters to take on a 60-day, up to 11-month assignments with the possibility of being considered for permanent placement. These jobs are with a client in the manufacturing/production industry and are located on the SE side of Tucson off of Kolb and Valencia.
Pay: $17.00/hr - $27.00/hr, DOE
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- MUST be skilled in SOLIDWORKS and MUST have experience with 3-D solid modeling
- Work with project engineers to help keep critical projects on schedule.
- Tasks include completing hands-on measurements, preparing test units, teardown analysis of tested samples, CAD modeling\detailing of modified parts and assemblies, systematic documentation and/or analysis of collected engineering data.
- Associate Degree in Engineering, Technical, or Drafting areas OR Acquired or in-progress college degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering (BS or MS) OR Equivalent engineering experience
- Understanding of dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to use MS Office package
- Hands on problem solver and use of machine shop tools
- Basic understanding of statics, strength of materials, and fluids
- Design experience with 3D solid modeling CAD package (SolidWorks 2015 or later preferred)
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
Immediate Openings for Automation Technician/Maintenance Mechanic jobs in Tucson, AZ!
We are recruiting for Automation Technicians to take on 11-month assignments, with the possibility of being considered for permanent placement. These jobs are with a client in the manufacturing/production industry and is located on the SE side of Tucson off of Kolb and Valencia.
Pay: $17.95/hr - $20.00/hr
Hours: Mon-Fri, 2:00pm - 10:30am (possible Saturdays when needed)
- Maintain and work on automatic and conventional machines
- Checks machines and equipment for issues, repairs
- Utilize hand tools to maintain and repair equipment
- Ability to build/repair machines and integrate equipment to solve issues
Ideal Candidate: Individual with experience maintaining custom automated assembly equipment with the ability to either identify and state that they have used a specific brand or relate to the type of equipment and convert to a different brand.
At least one (1) year previous automation technician experience preferred. Experience with PLC, Automation, Pneumatic Machining and/or Robotics preferred. Experience with Allen Bradley, Banner and/or Cognex equipment is a HUGE PLUS!!